- “Amazing Human” (BBC Three)
- “King of kindness” (BBC Radio)
- “The playful samaritan who started good deeds trending” – The Sunday Times Alternative Rich List 2018
- “Happy List 2017” (The Independent)
- “Matt Callanan’s brilliant #Tenner4Good campaign – it’s such an amazing idea.” (Russell Howard)
- “We love you Matt..that is beautiful” – Mary-Anne Hobbs (BBC 6Music)
- “An amazing and inspiring soul” – Gemma Cairney (BBC)
- “Matt gives off a great energy and was extremely inspiring. There needs to be more Matts out there.” – The Prince’s Trust
- “Our new hero.” – Ty Hafan
- “He’s got the best positive attitude and energy” – Matt Prior (Red Bull Adventurer & World Record Holder)
Hello. I’m Matt Callanan.
I’m a former worldwide DJ and music producer turned filmmaker and doer of Good.
I’m the founder of the good deeds project We Make Good Happen which is all about “Sparking the joy of human kindness”
I run video production agency The Makers (based in Cardiff though film around the world)
This year one of my Good deeds with #WeMakeGoodHappen went viral: #Tenner4Good
It trended on twitter, BBC did an Amazing Humans short doc about it (which has over 3 Million views), I was interviewed on BBC Breakfast News, appeared in lots of newspapers and radio shows, was on the front page of BBC News for 3 days and became the most watched video on the BBC News website.
BBC Amazing Humans:
Russell Howard’s – Sky 1 TV show #Tenner4Good #TennerForGood #RHDeeds #HowardHour
“The sheer scale of what Matt’s achieved already is astounding. Yet, it’s such an attainable goal for us all to make somebody else’s day just a little brighter; it’s about being an everyday hero.” – UpriseVSI
Filming documentary with George Clooney (where I also met my hero Bill Murray!) and kickstarted the inspiration for We Make Good Happen.
DJ wise: I played in over 30 countries, to about 1 million people, was DJs of the Month in i-D Magazine, DJed live on Radio 1, was nominated as Top 5 DJs in the world in our genre (breakbeat) and was resident at the infamous Heavenly Jukebox/Social club night at London’s Turnmills (alongside Fatboy Slim and Chemical Brothers)
Filmwise: Have filmed at the top of volcanoes with a Red Bull adventurer, shot a band performing on top of igloo in Lapland, filmed an interview in Richard Branson’s house and was cameraman for a documentary featuring George Clooney. (which led me to start We Make Good Happen)
Summit of the volcano – Mount Rinjani (12,224 ft), Island of Lombok, Indonesia
Flying a drone on Indonesia
Speaking to the amazing students at Coleg Gwent
Filming (for free) in Uganda, Africa for Hope For Children & We Make Good Happen/Taking Pictures Changing Lives.
If you can see me in person feel free to ask me about this. Given a certificate from Guinness World Records for Most Awesome Brother 🙂